- It crashes a lot. I’m talking every 3 episodes.
- The interface itself is not that adaptive to Roku. It’s user-friendly adjacent, as in almost but not quite there. Navigating the app is not entirely intuitive. It’s like they just crammed all the cable channel options onto the app. That’s not how these things work!
- You can’t scroll by pages. So if a channel has multiple shows on-demand, you’re scrolling by line and it refreshes after EVERY other line. It takes forever.
- You can’t scroll the TV guide by pages either.
- It’s difficult to find things. I had to Google how to find the on-demand channels.
- It’s slow and crashes. Did I mention that already.
It’s fine for a 7-day free trial for a long weekend or even $10/month trial for 3 months (i.e. when Fall shows come back), but a little annoying for $30/mon (regular price for basic package).
- 5 Free Things I Learned From YouTube: A Listicle
- 7 Cheeky Ways To Save on Your Energy Bill This Month: A Listicle