I’m ready to be done with this job hunt. I’m sure you’re ready to be done reading about it. My housing dilemma was wrapped up in the job hunt as I thought that would be an easy out. New job, new place. That didn’t work.
The job hunt has left such an ugly stain on my heart and my story, I wanted to trap all the posts in one place. I’m hoping there’s a happy end to this story. But there’s an equally likely chance I’m already living it.
Here are all the posts about my job hunt in 2019, and a little from 2018. With the ringing in of the new year, I’m hoping to put this catastrophe behind me. Pivot. Adapt. Overcome.
WARNING: They’re not nice!
- Passed Over for a Promotion
- On Being Kicked and Staying Down
- Dream Bio vs Current Bio: How I Still Don’t Know What To Do With My Life
- Journey of 20 Job Applications: July 7 Update
- Journey of 20 Job Applications: July 8 Update
- Journey of 20 Job Applications: Jul 9 Update (Discouraged)
- Journey of 20 Job Applications: Jul 12 Update, What a Difference a Day Makes
- Journey of 20 Job Applications: Are these pre-interview questions rude?
- Journey of 20 Job Applications: Jul 13 Update, So Many Hoops
- Journey of 20 Job Applications: Jul 19 Update, Living a Double Life
- Journey of 20 Job Applications: Jul 26 Update, Losing My Mind
- Journey of 20 Job Applications: Aug 1 Update, Am I Unemployed?
- 10 Very Descriptive Statistics, Keen Observations from 20 Job Applications
- Unemployment Diaries: Aug 5, 11a
- Unemployment Diaries: Aug 6, 3:50pm
- Unemployment Diaries: 1 Week Later, Torn
- Unemployment Diaries: 3 Quarter Horses in a Race I’m Not Sure I Want to Win
- Unemployment Diaries: Tuesdays, 70 Job Applications, Spain
- Unemployment Diaries: 3.5 Weeks Later, The Dust Settles
- Unemployment Diaries: 4 Pieces of Bad Advice I’ve Been Given
- Unemployment Diaries: 5 Weeks Later, Psychological Implications
- Unemployment Diaries: 6 Weeks, 100 Applications, 1 Offer, Plastic Bag Suffocation
- Unemployment Diaries: Week 7, 2 Phone Screens and a 5-Step Plan to End My Life
- Unemployment Diaries: Oct 1, 2 Months of Expenses, More Let Downs, and Aunty MERJ update
- Underemployment Diaries: 1 Week Later, A Quick Update
- Tries and Fails: Blogging, Job Hopping, Increasing My Income
- Underemployment Diaries: Week 2, Disgruntled Lamentations
- Medical Information Manager Salaries
- Underemployment Diaries: Week 3, Are you there, God? It’s me, MERJ.
- The Surprising New Face of Today’s Gatekeepers: Race and Gender in Pharmaceutical Medical Information Interviews
- A November 2019 Update: New Job, Aunty MERJ, Homeownership
- Nov 23, 2019 Life Update: A Year of Self-Sabotage, Regrets, and Lack of Self-Control
- Dec 9, 2019: 2 Months At New Job, Still Terrible