Sometimes my blog posts can be read and enjoyed as standalone posts, but most of the time I’m cataloging my life so each posts builds on the other. I thought I’d create a page that captures all the posts (2018-2019) about Aunty MERJ because she seems to pop up quite a bit, at least these days. This way visiting readers can have some backstory.
Who is Aunty MERJ?
She’s my aunt who raised me from age 7 to 17. She favors me not because I’m that special, but I think I pay the most attention to her. Human suffering is my weakness. Anyway, now she lives in a retirement community in Tampa and her health is failing. As a result, I’ve become her de facto care coordinator. I’m not very good at it primarily because I’m not much of a nurturer and I don’t really want to do it. But she took such great care of me, and I feel very guilty doing nothing. Also none of my other family members have really signed up to help.
Based on my research of her numerous disease states, she has a life expectancy of 73.4 years. In 2019, she turned 70, so her expected date of expiry is 2022 (up to March 2023). Even with all that, she lives life joyously everyday. I don’t know how she does it!
All the posts about Aunty MERJ
- Why I decided to get back into volunteering
- A November 2019 Update: New Job, Aunty MERJ, Homeownership
- Unemployment Diaries: Oct 1, 2 Months of Expenses, More Let Downs, and Aunty MERJ update
- Single Girl Life | Jan 19, 2019: Irons in the Fire, The Company You Keep, Aunty MERJ Update
- Single Girl Life | My Week Ending Nov 2, 2018: Why is it so hard to be a human?!
- Sunday Funnies | Getting Thai Food With Immigrant Aunty
- Single Girl Life | My Week Ending Oct 5, 2018: Meaningful Work, Making Money, Missoula
- Single Girl Life | My Week Ending Sep 28, 2018: Regrets, Resignation, Murphy Brown
- Single Girl Life | Aug 31, 2018: Insider Secrets, Customer Disservice, Miralax
- Notes on Life | My Week Ending Aug 24, 2018: Fasting, F Bombs, Liar
- Comparing An Actual Retiree’s Budget to My Proposed Early Retiree Budget
- My Back to School Shopping and Life List
- Notes on Life | My Week Ending Aug 17, 2018: Corner of Tears, Sleepless in RTP, The Bold Type
- Oh The Places You’ll Call! Caring for Aging Parents
- Notes On Life | Aug 10, 2018: Crazy Rich Asians, Systems Fail, The Good Kitchen
- Notes on Life | Aug 3, 2018: Floor Mattress, Blogging Nook, Writer’s Retreat
- The Incredible Lightness of Giving: How FIRE Helped Me to Be More Generous
- This Morning at the Elder Care Center
- Seven Spectacular Reasons I Still Shop at Walmart – Like It or Not! (Who Target??)
- My Week Ending June 8, 2018: 100k, Google Docs, Auntie Dearest