So admittedly, 2019 was not my year of the remarkable success I imagined. Just your run of the mill success – safe, alive, adequate health, not poor.
But there were some times where the little things really made me smile. Be reminded, I’m a simple girl who is easily saddened but also easily pleased. I love eating junk food, watching television, and just sitting outside (something I don’t do much of). So to encapsulate some simple joys, I thought I’d list them here and count my blessings (in no particular order). Maybe you can relate to some…
All the things I loved in 2019
- Season 1 of Body Cam (what a breakout hit!)
- For The People, Season 2, Episode 10
- My fuzzy robe
- Clean socks
- My apartment that I don’t really have to heat or cool after October
- Married to Millions
- My Roku!!
- New Aladdin song “Speechless”
- Travel Reimbursement for interviews
- A new calculator Aunty MERJ bought me when my old one died
- A job when I had no job (not little but I’ve minimized it to fit my whoa-is-me narrative)
- The crab at the Chinese buffet down the street
- Seeing Africa and South America
- My friend getting a baby. She was so happy and it seemed so meant to be!
- How happy my aunt gets when I visit (eventhough I’m a grumpy goat)
- My deep fryer
- All my blankets
Well, that was quite anticlimactic. This list turned out way shorter than it was in my mind. I don’t want to spend another minute thinking about it. Happy New Year!